Wed, Oct 21|
How to accelerate financial results of a specialty pharmacy service
Learn how an in-house specialty pharmacy can drive clinical, operational and financial benefits for health systems.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2020, 12:00 PM CDT
About the Event
As the prevalence of specialty medications continues to grow, health systems are uniquely positioned to enhance care for patients who require these high-cost, hard-to-manage drugs. In addition to improving clinical outcomes, patient engagement, physician satisfaction and cost of care, a health system specialty pharmacy service can drive incremental revenue and improve profitability - key benefits considering COVID-19. This discussion will outline:
- The importance of embedding pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons into care teams to improve patient adherence and outcomes
- Why a comprehensive opportunity assessment is critical to ensure long-term success and overcome barriers to growth
- How accelerating an in-house specialty pharmacy service can protect against the financial impact of recent drug manufacturer 340 contract pharmacy policies
Sponsored by: TrellisRx
After this program, you'll be able to..
- Understand the financial impact of in-house specialty pharmacy service for patients, providers and health systems
- Define the clinically integrated health system specialty pharmacy model
- Explain strategies to overcome barriers to establishment and expansion of a pharmacy service